Christopher Plummer received numerous awards, including the Academy Award 2011 for Best Supporting Actor, for their role.
The film is structured as a series of flashbacks interconnects. After the death of his father, Hal, Oliver reflects on his relationship with him and the death of his mother, Georgia. Shortly after his death, Hal came out as gay to his son Oliver and started to explore this aspect of his life. Hal finds a boyfriend, Andy, and is surrounded by a circle of gay friends. Meanwhile, Hal is diagnosed with terminal cancer. After a long illness, in which Oliver helps care for him, Hal dies. Several months after Hal's death, at a party, Oliver meets Anna, a French actress, with whom he begins a relationship. The Oliver unresolved feelings about his father's death and his parents' life together, along with Anna's feelings about her emotionally unstable father, initially interfere in your relationship, but nevertheless , are determined to stay together.
- Ewan McGregor as Oliver
- Keegan Boos as Young Oliver
- Christopher Plummer as Hal, Oliver's father.
- Mélanie Laurent as Anna, a French actress with whom Oliver begins a love story.
- Goran Visnjic as Andy The couple of Hal.
- Kai Lennox as Eliot,Oliver's best friend and coworker.
- Mary Page Keller as Georgia, Oliver's mother.
- China Shavers as Shauna, Oliver's friend and coworker.
- Lou Taylor Pucci,as The
For me is an interesting movie and also a little strange that explains the life of a man a little hurt by the death of his father trying to maintain a relationship. In my opinion it is a great movie that you have to see to understand.
Manuel Pérez Fernández